They are not wrong... their actions are...

So, for what seems like an eternity and is more like 2 weeks, I have been trying to get the kids to stop fighting over who sleeps in the least wanted corner of the bed, who sleeps next to me...who kicks whom all night long... I guess you've got the drift by now :)

Last night, I tried to replace this night time squabble with some virtuous prayers...happy to say that I somewhat succeeded, albeit the occasional distraction from Bittu's mobile games and fast songs. 

So we tried to teach ourselves a small prayer from the net, the first line of the same being "Sarvesham Shantir bhavatu", which basically talks about blessing everyone with health, wealth, prosperity and peace. As we went through the new found lines, stumbling over the difficult Sanskrit words, Bittu declared that thieves should not be blessed, they should be punished. The wise one in our family, Dooby, gently chided her, saying that they were also "paavam" (poor things) because they stole out of need. Not satisfied with this piece of wisdom, Bittu declared that certainly rapists could be punished because they did such "bad"things. While I began to mull over her proposal, my wise child had it all sorted out... " their actions are wrong, Bittu, they are not wrong!"I quickly chimed  in ( inwardly feeling a bit contrite) yes, we should help them correct their mistakes (my mind (read heart) wondering if I had it in me to actually think of rapists in such a sublime way).

My wise one, my first production, as I often call my kids in jest, has struggled with academics right through... I have lost count of the number of schools I have changed, in a bid to make "it" work...most of the time, she spends by herself in solitude, in the fantasy world of entertainment, simply because the "people" in this world dont judge her, dont nudge her to conform to the rules of the world. We spend most of our time alternating between fighting over her lack of interest in studies and asking her to grow up and just when I all but forget how "grown up" she actually is, she throws a googly at me like this.

I spend almost every morning listening to enlightened souls share their knowledge on all that is sublime and philosophical in life...I would like to fervently believe that atleast 1% has rubbed off on me somewhere...but at such times, I discover that the naturally wise one is here... behind all that child like behaviour that doesnt sit well on a teenager on the brink of adulthood, theres an old soul, a soul that doesnt know how to fit into any prescribed "mould" ... how can she, coz shes one of a kind!

I wanted to make sure that I write this down here, so I have something to revisit each time I lose my mind over her not fitting any mould.

Now, if only I were one  of those exhibitionists... I would be freely able to write " I love you so much baby", but I am sure my baby knows that :)


Comments

  1. Where is the next post? What stopped you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amla!I read your message after a year! Lol

      Delete

Post a Comment