Comforting spots during Covid 19 times...

Well, noone wants a crisis to last this long...but when there ain't no choice...then?
...then one tends to search for  the speed breakers in the roller coaster ride that everyone wants to jump off....
So I went down as usual with dog no. 1 (yep, I have two) and after some time I realised that the "young" 72 year old uncle was not out jogging as usual (now you know why I said young).
When our whole world has been turned upside down by an invisible enemy, we tend to sleep each night wildly hoping that this whole thing is a nightmare and we feel so crestfallen to wake up and find out that things have gotten only worse, if that could really be possible. After a few weeks of enduring this new now, we slowly start searching for things and moments that make us dare to hope like Aamir in 3 Idiots that "All izz well".For me, chatting with Verghese uncle every morning standing at a safe distance :) has become a speed breaker of sorts...so when I didn't see him this morning...my mind started talking...I firmly said "shut your gob" but it kept murmuring in the background till I finally saw uncle in 
the evening...boy was I happy to see him!
In the same vein...some other sounds that were so disturbing have become so comforting...ahem the sound of the alarm in the morning...it makes you thankful that yet another hopefully uneventful day has begun...the sound of your mom chanting prayers...makes the reluctant believer that I am atleast think of the Boss....listening to the sparrows chirp on the balcony ledge....
the sound of the lift going up and down, reminding you of so many selfless people working for you....all these sights and sounds keep you going...they make even the somewhat cynical person that I have become lately, believe that All izz going to be well...

Comments

  1. Yes Nivi. Together with you daring to hope everyday when nothing seems to be certain. And praying for all to be well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment