New wounds heal the old....

I felt compelled to "dust the cobwebs" and pick up the lost threads of my random thoughts here.... so here I am...
Life is strange and I am certainly not the first person to say so...just mentioning it coz i can feel its strangeness now.
Though it seems quite improbable to me, recent events were so stressful that it required all my energy and (non existent) patience to sort of sail through it all... once in a while here and there, I almost felt like I was drowning.... at such times, my better half was right there beside me, with his hand out to bail me out of whatever felt like a whirlpool....
A marriage is a life long partnership.... a promise to be there through thick and thin... again this is not something new.. I am merely quoting the marriage vows...but often some "thin" parts of this life long association really test your belief and faith in each other.... there are some places where you feel you are alone.... where you even feel cheated, some parts where its not even "thin"... you just see holes.... and then you find it hard to forgive your soulmate.... for making you cross the holes all alone...
And when it seems just impossible to forgive... when it seems like try as you might, you can see the "crack".... a time comes when the "road" is just not there... and just when you are so frightened and cynical all at once... you find your soulmate right there matching your every step or even sometimes guiding the way ahead in a journey where there's no road right now...
Unbelievable as it may seem, you find that a stressful event which you somehow grappled with, paved the way to healing a sore "wound" that you had almost written off... like a bad debt..
Though the past few weeks have been very stressful.... I felt a sense of peace wash over me.... as I was finally able to close one open chapter in my marriage... I finally found myself forgiving my better half... as they all say... when you forgive you feel better...so do I... It does feel immensely relieving to forgive....


Comments