Snippets from our Pondy trip in the Christmas break

Yess, we are visiting our second home... Pondy :). We are not sure why, but both the hubby and I have taken to this small town like fish to the water..... or ahem should I say fish to the spirits :):) lolz.

Yep, the elixir is definitely a strong contender, but that apart, somehow I have always loved small towns, kinda like seeing my life swirl past on that tiny 21 inch screen, which I dont think anyone has anymore....And since Pondy is the closest fix for this yearn to be in a small town and do the cliched "run away from it all" we mostly land up in Pondy for all our holidays... once in a while we go to other places, but those are mostly due to family events and not just for a break.

En route to Pondy... we stopped at the Croc Park; Dooby had seen them all when she was five, we thought  it was time to show Bittu as well, now shes around 6, so am sure she wouldnt forget them...ofcourse if you ask me, one sight of those crocs is a sight to remember for life..no matter what age....lolz.

Anyhow, as expected, Dooby was still excited to see the crocs, all in different sizes and from different parts of the world and Bittu was not very enchanted :) (mummas kid only in this aspect). Very soon, she was ready for her juice and chips fix, while Dooby was totally taken in and ready to explore the whole place :). So me being the wonderful mother I am lol, I gave her company, clutching her hand, if you please, because I honestly got a bit freaked out and was ready to puke at the sight of so many :). We also got to see some huge pythons as an added "benefit". After I clutched her hand for the umpteenth time, my wise lil one as usual set me on the right track... " Mumma, even Lord Shiva has one on his neck... so they are not yucky, ok! and mumma they are all animals, you only told me, na!"... sighh, I should think twice before I freely dole out lessons I havent learnt well myself :)
And the same girl finds garbage repulsive.... crocs are apparently amazing.. children have their basics right, as usual.

At the aquarium.... Bittu tries to put her hand into the water and I scream "Bittu the machine and lights in the aquarium are working on electricity, if you put your hand in you will get a shock!"
B: Then Mumma, how are the fish managing??.... hmm no answer from Mumma... mumma busy scratching her rusty grey matter...

At the beach....
D: Why is the water in the ocean salty? Both mom and dad, immediately say a heartfelt thanks to Google :)....
How are waves formed?... thankfully this time, she proceeded to answer her own question... through the energy in the water :)

We wound up the day at Pizza Hut....
There, as I watched the kids tuck in, I saw another couple with a kid fight bitterly.... in the beginning, I was listening idly, after a while I started feeling sad for them all... we have all been there, done that at some point... and have always wished that it didnt happen or that one of us would dispel the moment of bitterness that had somehow crept in....As I got up to leave, a sudden impulse caught hold of me and I walked up to the lady and held her hand... asked her to just let go... assured her that I did it too all the time :)..... immediately her face softened and she promised me she would.... we left after wishing them all a very Merry Christmas.....indeed by giving I had got... an undeniable feeling of  purpose and peace....

Merry Christmas ye all!!!!Tis the season of giving!!!

Comments