No time to stand and stare.....

" Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is."

No, I havent become poetic, its pretty obvious I couldnt have written this, I dont have a poetic bone in me, if its bones we need to write poetry lol, *wonders who made that phrase anyway*, I was busy in the kitchen, trying to finish making our lunch and baby's lunch , washing vessels, thinking of a post in one part of my mind (yep thats happens to people who have just started blogging, they become enthu cutlets and keep thinking of what they want to write lol)

Let me get to the point;I took a bottle of rasam powder to make rasam and was absently staring at it, when I noticed, to my utter surprise, that this piece of poetry was written on it!!!! Isnt it the most unlikeliest place to find poetry???

On second thoughts, maybe not, mebbe the guys who made it took pity on us "homemakers" and thought that since we have no time to stand and stare aka W.H. Davies, we could read some poetry while cooking:)

Btw, this one is by Alfred Lord Tennyson, or atleast thats what the bottle of rasam powder says lol


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Well well.. its nice that MTR or Aachchi have decided to indulge their intellect and entertain. Would never have thought the day would come when rasam powder labels would hold Tennyson, maybe I should take a good hard stare at my toothpaste or some such and see if they have been so considerate :)lol... if any marketing guru reads your blog.. they might take up this idea for cross selling and next thing you know SRK's next movie might be advtsed on rasam powder label.. he he... My name is Khan... Aaachi Khan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment